OPINION POLL: CANNABIS LEGALIZATION IN GERMANY
A recent survey in Germany has been published that shares the public sentiment regarding cannabis legalisation in Germany.
This opinion pool was made by VAAY, a Berlin based cannabis company manufacturing hemp products. They asked:
Should medical cannabis be legal in Germany?
- Over 12,000 survey responses collected in Germany to evaluate the public sentiment on cannabis legalization
- Finn Age Hänsel, Co-Founder and MD of VAAY: The European cannabis industry having a potential market value of cannabis at €123 billion
- Overall, at least 75% of survey respondents in each State are in favor of the legalization of cannabis for either medical or recreational use
- Overall, 84.1% of Germans support the legalization of cannabis in various forms,
- 42.1% for full legalization, taxation and regulation.
- 42.0% advocate purely medical approval.
- 9% believe that cannabis should be illegal
- 4.1% of respondents who believe that it is illegal but should be unpunished.
- On average, under ten percent of respondents in Germany overall, irrespective of their federal State, support the criminalization of cannabis.
Original German Article : https://vaay.com/blogs/news/meinungsumfrage-cannabis-legalisierung-in-deutschland-2019
English translation: https://vaay.com/blogs/news/opinion-poll-cannabis-legalization-in-germany-2019